MP minister Kailash Vijayvargiya caught on camera while distributing cash
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
Bhopal: Kailash Vijayvargiya, the industries minister in Madhya Pradesh cabinet, is in trouble for flouting the model code of conduct in place for next month’s Assembly Elections.
Vijayvargiya was recorded on camera doling out Rs 100 notes to girls at a function.
Following uproar over the incident, the minister clarified that he was not seeking to bribe voters.
Vijayvargiya said he distributed the cash as part of a ritual at a religious function organised to honour girls in Mhow. According to him, offering money to girls was part of the tradition.
Angered at the hue and cry, Vijayvargiya reportedly said that he doesn’t believe in such a model code of conduct and may not even run for office in protest.
Madhya Pradesh goes to polls on November 25.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!