MP minister Kailash Vijayvargiya caught on camera while distributing cash
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
Bhopal: Kailash Vijayvargiya, the industries minister in Madhya Pradesh cabinet, is in trouble for flouting the model code of conduct in place for next month’s Assembly Elections.
Vijayvargiya was recorded on camera doling out Rs 100 notes to girls at a function.
Following uproar over the incident, the minister clarified that he was not seeking to bribe voters.
Vijayvargiya said he distributed the cash as part of a ritual at a religious function organised to honour girls in Mhow. According to him, offering money to girls was part of the tradition.
Angered at the hue and cry, Vijayvargiya reportedly said that he doesn’t believe in such a model code of conduct and may not even run for office in protest.
Madhya Pradesh goes to polls on November 25.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!