MP minister Kailash Vijayvargiya caught on camera while distributing cash
Zee Media Bureau/Deepak Nagpal
Bhopal: Kailash Vijayvargiya, the industries minister in Madhya Pradesh cabinet, is in trouble for flouting the model code of conduct in place for next month’s Assembly Elections.
Vijayvargiya was recorded on camera doling out Rs 100 notes to girls at a function.
Following uproar over the incident, the minister clarified that he was not seeking to bribe voters.
Vijayvargiya said he distributed the cash as part of a ritual at a religious function organised to honour girls in Mhow. According to him, offering money to girls was part of the tradition.
Angered at the hue and cry, Vijayvargiya reportedly said that he doesn’t believe in such a model code of conduct and may not even run for office in protest.
Madhya Pradesh goes to polls on November 25.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi