MP minister ridicules working of Gwalior Municipal Corporation
Gwalior (MP): Madhya Pradesh Home Minister Narayan Singh Kushwaha expressed strong displeasure over the working style of the Gwalior Municipal Corporation and remarked that it would be better if it is rechristened as "Gwalior Narak (Hell) Corporation".
"Going by the way it function, it would be better if it is called Gwalior Narak Nigam, instead of Gwalior Nagar Nigam. Only god can take its responsibility," Kushwaha said at a programme organised by the corporation yesterday.
He said that despite repeated requests, it never does any work, nor does it even bother to reply to his letters.
The water supplied in the southern area of the city is mixed with sewage and despite a number of complaints, no action has been taken, he said.
"This is the situation despite Medical Education Minister Anoop Mishra and Gwalior Mayor Sameeksha Gupta residing in the same area," he said.
When corporation officials were not bothered to respond even to a minister`s request, then one can imagine how they treat common people, he said.
He opposed demolition of 600 houses in the city in the name of a road widening drive and said that though he is not anti-development, he would not allow a large number of people to be displaced in the name of development.
Gwalior Nagar Nigam Municipal Corporation Commissioner Ved Prakash Sharma who was also present at the function clarified later, that it was not a fact that the municipal body is not doing anything.
He admitted that there are shortcomings, but said that it is not "proper" to make an issue out of it.
On the occasion, the Medical Education Minister directed corporation officials to find solutions to problems being raised by ministers in their letters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'