MP minister ridicules working of Gwalior Municipal Corporation
Gwalior (MP): Madhya Pradesh Home Minister Narayan Singh Kushwaha expressed strong displeasure over the working style of the Gwalior Municipal Corporation and remarked that it would be better if it is rechristened as "Gwalior Narak (Hell) Corporation".
"Going by the way it function, it would be better if it is called Gwalior Narak Nigam, instead of Gwalior Nagar Nigam. Only god can take its responsibility," Kushwaha said at a programme organised by the corporation yesterday.
He said that despite repeated requests, it never does any work, nor does it even bother to reply to his letters.
The water supplied in the southern area of the city is mixed with sewage and despite a number of complaints, no action has been taken, he said.
"This is the situation despite Medical Education Minister Anoop Mishra and Gwalior Mayor Sameeksha Gupta residing in the same area," he said.
When corporation officials were not bothered to respond even to a minister`s request, then one can imagine how they treat common people, he said.
He opposed demolition of 600 houses in the city in the name of a road widening drive and said that though he is not anti-development, he would not allow a large number of people to be displaced in the name of development.
Gwalior Nagar Nigam Municipal Corporation Commissioner Ved Prakash Sharma who was also present at the function clarified later, that it was not a fact that the municipal body is not doing anything.
He admitted that there are shortcomings, but said that it is not "proper" to make an issue out of it.
On the occasion, the Medical Education Minister directed corporation officials to find solutions to problems being raised by ministers in their letters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics