MP Minister to hold sit-in in front of Scindia`s Gwalior home
Gwalior: Madhya Pradesh Minister of State for Home Narayan Singh Kushwaha has announced that he will stage a two-day sit-in outside the residence of Union Minister of State for Commerce Jyotiraditya Scindia here in protest against the price rise issue.
Without mentioning the name of Scindia, Kishwaha said,
"I will stage a 48-hour-long dharna (sit-in) outside the Union
Minister`s residence on the issue of price rise as Congress
had began the tradition of staging protests at private
residences of ministers," Kushwaha told reporters here
The Minister said that due to the Congressmen`s sit-in
outside his residence on March 27-28, his family members were
unable to come out of the house for nearly 32-hours and were
unable to go to a hospital to see his ailing brother, who died
Kushwaha, (who is the MP State MoS for Home) alleged
that despite telling the police in advance about the Congress
sit-in, the police failed to prevent the Congressmen from
staging a sit-in in front of his house.
The angry Minister alleged that when he raised the
issue with the Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan and the
Home Minister Uma Shankar Gupta, they just assured him to look
into the matter but did nothing.
However, when contacted on the issue, Home Minister
(Gupta) told agency that he went to the Minister`s place
yesterday to condole the death of his brother, but he did not
When asked how he will stage a sit-in in his
capacity as a minister, Kushwaha said he has already told
about it to the "persons concerned" and if they don`t give
permission to stage the protest, he may quit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?