MP Minister`s son, kin booked on murder charges
Gwalior: Madhya Pradesh Health Minister
Anup Mishra`s son Ashwini and close relatives were today
booked on the charges of murder in connection with the death
of a person in a firing incident allegedly involving
minister`s kin, police said.
Ashwini, brothers of Anup Mishra - Ajay Mishra and
Abhay Mishra, cousin Deepak Vajpayee, brother-in-law Yogesh
Sharma and others have been booked under sections 302
(murder), 307 (attempt to murder), 140 (wearing garb used by
soldier) and 148 (rioting) of IPC, police said.
The police registered the case against Ashwini and others
after the villagers staged a sit-in at Belagaon police station
with the body of the deceased killed in firing last night.
The protesters ended the agitation only after Mishra`s
son, his brothers, cousins and others were booked.
The accused had been booked on the complaint of Makhan
Kushwaha, brother of the deceased person, Additional
Superintendent of Police Manohar Verma said.
The violence in Belagaon erupted last night when the
villagers protested over the construction of a boundary wall
of IPS College owned by Mishra family following which stone
pelting and firing took place killing one Bhikam and injuring
six persons including three women, police said.
They sustained injuries in firing allegedly done by
Mishra`s relatives, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!