MP minor girl`s rapist arrested
Bhagalpur: After evading arrest for six days, the man accused of raping a five-year-old girl of Madhya Pradesh, was apprehended arrested from Hussainabad area of Bihar`s Bhagalpur district on Tuesday night.
Accused Firoz Khan (35) was nabbed by Bihar police from his maternal uncle`s home in Hussainabad locality under Muzahidpur police station areas of the district, officer in-charge of the police station Jameel Ashgar told PTI.
Ashgar said the accused was arrested with the help of local residents.
An MP police team, which is in the state on the lookout for the accused and were today in Supual, has been informed about the arrest and they are on way here, Ashgar added.
Khan, working in Jhabua power plant limited in Madhya Pradesh, allegedly raped the minor girl in Shivni district of Madhya Pradesh on April 17.
The girl is battling for life in a hospital in Nagpur.
After committing the crime, Khan had fled to Bihar.
A joint team of MP and Bihar police were trying to arrest him since Sunday last.
After a search for the accused in Banka failed to yield result, the joint police team visited neighbouring Supual district on Indo-Nepal border tracking mobile phone signals, SP Pushkar Anand said.
The police suspected the accused of trying to flee to Nepal through the porous border and his mobile was found switched off. Luck ran out for him and he was arrested tonight in Bhagalpur.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living