MP: Minor rape victim`s condition critical, undergoing treatment in Nagpur
Nagpur: The five-year-old girl, who was allegedly raped by a 35-year-old man in Madhya Pradesh and was shifted to a private hospital in the city, continues to be in critical condition on Sunday, hospital officials said.
The victim was brought to Maharashtra by an air ambulance last night and was admitted to a private hospital in Ramdaspeth here.
"The victim`s condition continues to be critical and the team of doctors led by the Director (of the hospital) Dr Varun Bhargava are attending to her," spokesperson of the hospital said.
According to Madhya Pradesh police, the girl was allegedly raped by a person named Firoz Khan on April 17 in Ghansour town, after which he dumped her at a farm. The girl`s parents found her unconscious the next morning and she was taken to hospital.
The victim was first rushed to Netaji Subhash Chandra Medical College and Hospital in Jabalpur after a preliminary treatment and then send to Nagpur.
Ghansour Police Station in-charge R D Barti said a case under Sec 363 (punishment for kidnapping), 366 (kidnapping, abducting or inducing woman) and 376 (punishment for rape) of the IPC was registered against Khan and police teams have been sent to Delhi and Bihar to trace him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir