MP: Minor rape victim`s condition critical, undergoing treatment in Nagpur
Nagpur: The five-year-old girl, who was allegedly raped by a 35-year-old man in Madhya Pradesh and was shifted to a private hospital in the city, continues to be in critical condition on Sunday, hospital officials said.
The victim was brought to Maharashtra by an air ambulance last night and was admitted to a private hospital in Ramdaspeth here.
"The victim`s condition continues to be critical and the team of doctors led by the Director (of the hospital) Dr Varun Bhargava are attending to her," spokesperson of the hospital said.
According to Madhya Pradesh police, the girl was allegedly raped by a person named Firoz Khan on April 17 in Ghansour town, after which he dumped her at a farm. The girl`s parents found her unconscious the next morning and she was taken to hospital.
The victim was first rushed to Netaji Subhash Chandra Medical College and Hospital in Jabalpur after a preliminary treatment and then send to Nagpur.
Ghansour Police Station in-charge R D Barti said a case under Sec 363 (punishment for kidnapping), 366 (kidnapping, abducting or inducing woman) and 376 (punishment for rape) of the IPC was registered against Khan and police teams have been sent to Delhi and Bihar to trace him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred