MP: Minor rape victim`s condition critical, undergoing treatment in Nagpur
Nagpur: The five-year-old girl, who was allegedly raped by a 35-year-old man in Madhya Pradesh and was shifted to a private hospital in the city, continues to be in critical condition on Sunday, hospital officials said.
The victim was brought to Maharashtra by an air ambulance last night and was admitted to a private hospital in Ramdaspeth here.
"The victim`s condition continues to be critical and the team of doctors led by the Director (of the hospital) Dr Varun Bhargava are attending to her," spokesperson of the hospital said.
According to Madhya Pradesh police, the girl was allegedly raped by a person named Firoz Khan on April 17 in Ghansour town, after which he dumped her at a farm. The girl`s parents found her unconscious the next morning and she was taken to hospital.
The victim was first rushed to Netaji Subhash Chandra Medical College and Hospital in Jabalpur after a preliminary treatment and then send to Nagpur.
Ghansour Police Station in-charge R D Barti said a case under Sec 363 (punishment for kidnapping), 366 (kidnapping, abducting or inducing woman) and 376 (punishment for rape) of the IPC was registered against Khan and police teams have been sent to Delhi and Bihar to trace him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi