MP min`s `casteist remarks` against govt official draws flak
Indore: A cabinet minister from Madhya Pradesh has landed in trouble for allegedly passing casteist remarks against a state government official.
Minister for SC and ST Vijay Shah had passed this remark at a function on Thursday. He had reportedly asked the concerned official that if he was from Harijan community, why did he use Yadav as his surname.
Reacting to the incident, members of the Valmiki community today staged a demonstration at Regal square here and demanded that the minister should take back his words.
Meanwhile, criticising the minister on the issue, state Congress spokesperson Narendra Saluja said, "How does it matter to Shah whether a government official used a particular surname? The minister, who used casteist remarks against a government official, should be immediately removed from the cabinet."
"Shah`s remark had only exposed ruling BJP`s claims about the development in Madhya Pradesh," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand