MP min`s `casteist remarks` against govt official draws flak
Indore: A cabinet minister from Madhya Pradesh has landed in trouble for allegedly passing casteist remarks against a state government official.
Minister for SC and ST Vijay Shah had passed this remark at a function on Thursday. He had reportedly asked the concerned official that if he was from Harijan community, why did he use Yadav as his surname.
Reacting to the incident, members of the Valmiki community today staged a demonstration at Regal square here and demanded that the minister should take back his words.
Meanwhile, criticising the minister on the issue, state Congress spokesperson Narendra Saluja said, "How does it matter to Shah whether a government official used a particular surname? The minister, who used casteist remarks against a government official, should be immediately removed from the cabinet."
"Shah`s remark had only exposed ruling BJP`s claims about the development in Madhya Pradesh," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!