MP MLA wants to forgo monthly emolument for `social cause`
Bhopal: A BJP MLA from Ratlam in Madhya Pradesh has announced that he would not draw monthly salary and wages from the state exchequer.
In a letter to the Speaker of Legislative Assembly, Sita Sharan Sharma, the legislator Chetanya Kumar Kashyap said that he did not want to draw the emolument since he has been involved in social work for long.
Kashyap requested the Speaker that his salary and wages which he has been entitled to be "used for the development of the state."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi