MP MLA wants to forgo monthly emolument for `social cause`
Bhopal: A BJP MLA from Ratlam in Madhya Pradesh has announced that he would not draw monthly salary and wages from the state exchequer.
In a letter to the Speaker of Legislative Assembly, Sita Sharan Sharma, the legislator Chetanya Kumar Kashyap said that he did not want to draw the emolument since he has been involved in social work for long.
Kashyap requested the Speaker that his salary and wages which he has been entitled to be "used for the development of the state."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar
- British politics in turmoil as Brexit talks loom