MP monsoon session begins, tributes paid to deceased leaders
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Assembly on Monday began its monsoon session by paying tributes to leaders who recently passed away and large number of pilgrims killed in the Uttarakhand deluge.
As the House assembled on the opening day of the session, Speaker Ishwardas Rohani mentioned about the demise of Deputy Speaker Harvansh Singh and former Deputy Chief Minister Subhash Yadav.
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, Leader of Opposition Ajay Singh, BSP legislature party leader Ram Lakhan Singh, Independent MLA Paras Saklecha, Congress legislature party`s deputy leader Choudhary Rakesh Singh Chaturvedi, among others, paid rich tributes to Congress leaders, former MLAs and those killed in Uttarakhand disaster.
Those who were paid tributes included former Union Ministers Vidya Charan Shukla and Bhavana Chikhalia, former MLAs Chandramani Tripathi, Mahendra Karma, Nandkumar Patel, Kusumkant Jain, Gaurishankar Kaushal, Uday Mudliyar, Anantram Verma, Supyar Singh and those killed in Uttarakhand tragedy.
The House later observed a two-minute silence after which the Speaker adjourned it for the day as a mark of respect in their honour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan