MP monsoon session begins, tributes paid to deceased leaders
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Assembly on Monday began its monsoon session by paying tributes to leaders who recently passed away and large number of pilgrims killed in the Uttarakhand deluge.
As the House assembled on the opening day of the session, Speaker Ishwardas Rohani mentioned about the demise of Deputy Speaker Harvansh Singh and former Deputy Chief Minister Subhash Yadav.
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, Leader of Opposition Ajay Singh, BSP legislature party leader Ram Lakhan Singh, Independent MLA Paras Saklecha, Congress legislature party`s deputy leader Choudhary Rakesh Singh Chaturvedi, among others, paid rich tributes to Congress leaders, former MLAs and those killed in Uttarakhand disaster.
Those who were paid tributes included former Union Ministers Vidya Charan Shukla and Bhavana Chikhalia, former MLAs Chandramani Tripathi, Mahendra Karma, Nandkumar Patel, Kusumkant Jain, Gaurishankar Kaushal, Uday Mudliyar, Anantram Verma, Supyar Singh and those killed in Uttarakhand tragedy.
The House later observed a two-minute silence after which the Speaker adjourned it for the day as a mark of respect in their honour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch