MP: One quintal of silver stolen from museum; guard killed
Rewa (MP): Robbers allegedly decamped with one quintal of silver and other valuables from a museum in Rewa fort here Wednesday and stabbed to death a security guard before fleeing from the spot, police said.
The security guard, who was killed in the incident that took place at 2 AM, has been identified as Kemla Prasad, Rewa Superintendent of Police Bhagwat Singh Chouhan told reporters.
The value of the stolen goods is being ascertained, Chouhan said, adding that other valuables include a gold lamp, three silver lamps, some pistols and ornamental fabrics used to adorn elephants on special occasions.
Further details are awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday