MP opposition leader criticises Governor`s address
Bhopal: Leader of Opposition in Madhya
Pradesh Assembly, Ajay Singh on Tuesday said the customary address
of the Governor, on the opening day of Budget session, has
failed to take note of the issues concerning governance.
"The Governor`s address is the photocopy of the
addresses took place in the last eight years of BJP rule,"
Ajay told reporters.
"Everybody knows the state of affairs on the issues of
development, roads, power, farmers and law and order,
especially rising cases of kidnapping and rape," he said.
Taking aim at the Shivraj Singh Chouhan government,
the opposition leader said, "the state government is happy
that the Special Courts and Cow Protection Bills were approved
by the Centre, but everybody is aware of kind of corruption
and condition of cows in the state".
In his address, governor Ram Naresh Yadav described
the overall law and order situation as good but repeated
incidents of rape, murder, abduction and loot that occurred
recently in the state were enough to expose the claims made in
his address, Ajay said.
He charged the state government of being insensitive
to the plight of farmers who have committed suicide in the
last few years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA