MP police in Bihar in search of rape accused
Banka: Madhya Pradesh police have reached Bihar`s Banka district to arrest a man accused of raping a 5-year-old girl in Siwni district in that state.
The MP police with the help of district police raided the house of the accused in Dhibra village, but could not find Firoz (35), Banka Superintendent of police Pushkar Anand said.
The joint police team had brought the father, mother and wife of the accused to Amarpur police station to gather information about his whereabouts, Anand said.
Firoz, working in Jhabua power plant limited in Madhya Pradesh, had allegedly raped the minor girl after luring her with biscuits and chocolates on April 17, he said.
She was found unconscious in a field the next day.
The girl was initially admitted to a hospital in Jabalpur, but when her situation had deteriorated she was airlifted to a private hospital at Nagpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday