MP police in Bihar in search of rape accused
Banka: Madhya Pradesh police have reached Bihar`s Banka district to arrest a man accused of raping a 5-year-old girl in Siwni district in that state.
The MP police with the help of district police raided the house of the accused in Dhibra village, but could not find Firoz (35), Banka Superintendent of police Pushkar Anand said.
The joint police team had brought the father, mother and wife of the accused to Amarpur police station to gather information about his whereabouts, Anand said.
Firoz, working in Jhabua power plant limited in Madhya Pradesh, had allegedly raped the minor girl after luring her with biscuits and chocolates on April 17, he said.
She was found unconscious in a field the next day.
The girl was initially admitted to a hospital in Jabalpur, but when her situation had deteriorated she was airlifted to a private hospital at Nagpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in