MP Police receive Central sanction to prosecute IAS couple
Bhopal: The Lokayukta police have received sanction from the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT), Government of India, to prosecute the suspended IAS couple accused of amassing assets worth Rs 41 crore.
Lokayukta Police got the sanction to prosecute Arvind and Tinoo Joshi, yesterday.
The Joshis are facing cases for disproportionate assets under the Prevention of Corruption Act and Indian Penal Code.
Lokayukta sources said here today that Joshis will be now chargesheeted.
They said that besides them, 15 others including Arvind`s father H M Joshi, mother Namrata Joshi, associate S P Kohli, Delhi-based stamp vendor Raj Rani, insurance agent Seema Jaiswal would be chargesheeted.
Meanwhile, special judge Alka Dubey has quashed Joshi`s application for dismissal of Lokayukta police`s application for confiscation of their properties.
Both Arvind and Tinoo are 1979 batch IAS officers of the state cadre. Income Tax Department raided their official residence in Bhopal in February 2010, leading to discovery of disproportionate assets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender