MP Police receive Central sanction to prosecute IAS couple
Bhopal: The Lokayukta police have received sanction from the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT), Government of India, to prosecute the suspended IAS couple accused of amassing assets worth Rs 41 crore.
Lokayukta Police got the sanction to prosecute Arvind and Tinoo Joshi, yesterday.
The Joshis are facing cases for disproportionate assets under the Prevention of Corruption Act and Indian Penal Code.
Lokayukta sources said here today that Joshis will be now chargesheeted.
They said that besides them, 15 others including Arvind`s father H M Joshi, mother Namrata Joshi, associate S P Kohli, Delhi-based stamp vendor Raj Rani, insurance agent Seema Jaiswal would be chargesheeted.
Meanwhile, special judge Alka Dubey has quashed Joshi`s application for dismissal of Lokayukta police`s application for confiscation of their properties.
Both Arvind and Tinoo are 1979 batch IAS officers of the state cadre. Income Tax Department raided their official residence in Bhopal in February 2010, leading to discovery of disproportionate assets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love