MP Police receive Central sanction to prosecute IAS couple
Bhopal: The Lokayukta police have received sanction from the Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT), Government of India, to prosecute the suspended IAS couple accused of amassing assets worth Rs 41 crore.
Lokayukta Police got the sanction to prosecute Arvind and Tinoo Joshi, yesterday.
The Joshis are facing cases for disproportionate assets under the Prevention of Corruption Act and Indian Penal Code.
Lokayukta sources said here today that Joshis will be now chargesheeted.
They said that besides them, 15 others including Arvind`s father H M Joshi, mother Namrata Joshi, associate S P Kohli, Delhi-based stamp vendor Raj Rani, insurance agent Seema Jaiswal would be chargesheeted.
Meanwhile, special judge Alka Dubey has quashed Joshi`s application for dismissal of Lokayukta police`s application for confiscation of their properties.
Both Arvind and Tinoo are 1979 batch IAS officers of the state cadre. Income Tax Department raided their official residence in Bhopal in February 2010, leading to discovery of disproportionate assets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Cow slaughter should be banned across the country; Muslims should stop eating meat: Azam Khan
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!