MP: Police seek BJP MLA`s arrest in maid murder case
Bhopal: Police is seeking the arrest of BJP MLA Asha Rani Singh who represents Bijawar constituency in Chhatarpur district of Madhya Pradesh in connection with the
murder of her maid servant in 2007.
Police sources said here today that the legislator has been untraceable since last three months and during this period, anticipatory bail applications on behalf of the MLA
were filed both in the district and High Court.
The pleas were rejected by both the courts as the bail was stating that she was a political figure.
Tijji Bai who worked in Asha Rani and her husband, Ashok Vir Vikram Singh alias Bhaiya Raja`s house was murdered on May 21, 2007.
Vikram Singh is in jail since January this year on the charge of being involved in a murder of a relative here.
Police sources said it had become tough to apprehend Asha Rani as she had not attended even the assembly sessions during the last three months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey