MP police to quiz DRDE scientists over human sacrifice bid
Bhopal: Two senior scientists of the Defence Research and Development Establishment (DRDE) in Gwalior, who allegedly tried to kill their junior colleague in a human sacrifice bid, will be interrogated as soon they return from leave, police said Monday.
"We can`t say anything right now. The picture would be clear after the scientists` statements are recorded," Gwalior Additional Superintendent of Police Manohar Verma told reporters.
Shradha Sharma, wife of Sushil Kumar, a junior scientist at the DRDE, had complained to the police Saturday night that two senior scientists - M. Kameshwar Rao and A.S.S.V Bhaskar - had tried to kill her husband as part of a human sacrifice ritual.
Shradha said that Rao invited Sushil, who was unwell at the time, to his residence in the DRDE campus Oct 6 night to "cure" him. When Sushil reached there, the scientist was performing a worship ritual in the presence of Bhaskar and then he asked him (Sushil) to sleep.
"As he went to sleep, the scientist sprinkled water on him and took out a sharp-edged weapon but Sushil suddenly woke up and escaped," his wife told the police.
The police Sunday filed a case against the senior scientists for causing hurt, criminal intimidation and for wrongful confinement, Verma said.
"We would record the statements of both the accused after they return from their leave and resume work...perhaps by Tuesday," the officer said.
The police are seeking help from senior officials, including Col V.N. Bharadwaj of the DRDE.
"We are also investigating the matter from other angles and trying to gather as much information as possible from various sources like the security guard, neighbours etc," Verma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday