MP police to quiz DRDE scientists over human sacrifice bid
Bhopal: Two senior scientists of the Defence Research and Development Establishment (DRDE) in Gwalior, who allegedly tried to kill their junior colleague in a human sacrifice bid, will be interrogated as soon they return from leave, police said Monday.
"We can`t say anything right now. The picture would be clear after the scientists` statements are recorded," Gwalior Additional Superintendent of Police Manohar Verma told reporters.
Shradha Sharma, wife of Sushil Kumar, a junior scientist at the DRDE, had complained to the police Saturday night that two senior scientists - M. Kameshwar Rao and A.S.S.V Bhaskar - had tried to kill her husband as part of a human sacrifice ritual.
Shradha said that Rao invited Sushil, who was unwell at the time, to his residence in the DRDE campus Oct 6 night to "cure" him. When Sushil reached there, the scientist was performing a worship ritual in the presence of Bhaskar and then he asked him (Sushil) to sleep.
"As he went to sleep, the scientist sprinkled water on him and took out a sharp-edged weapon but Sushil suddenly woke up and escaped," his wife told the police.
The police Sunday filed a case against the senior scientists for causing hurt, criminal intimidation and for wrongful confinement, Verma said.
"We would record the statements of both the accused after they return from their leave and resume work...perhaps by Tuesday," the officer said.
The police are seeking help from senior officials, including Col V.N. Bharadwaj of the DRDE.
"We are also investigating the matter from other angles and trying to gather as much information as possible from various sources like the security guard, neighbours etc," Verma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?