MP polls 2013: Not in the race for chief ministership, says Digvijay
Ujjain: Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh on Tuesday said that he is not in the race for the Chief Ministership of Madhya Pradesh and would not contest the state Assembly elections slated later this year.
"I want to make it clear that come what may I am not in the race for the Chief Ministership of Madhya Pradesh and I am sure not to contest the Assembly elections in the state this year," Singh told reporters here.
"However, I would contest next year`s Lok Sabha elections if the party allows me to do so," he said.
These days in Madhya Pradesh, criminals owing allegiance to the BJP were roaming scot-free while false cases were being slapped on Congress workers, he alleged.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan believes only in making announcements about which nothing is done, he further alleged.
"One day I would like to ask Chouhan what has been the real fate of the numerous announcements that he had made," the Congress General Secretary said.
He said Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha, Sushma Swaraj, is very vocal about rapes in New Delhi but she does not say a word about atrocities against women in Madhya Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?