MP polls 2013: Not in the race for chief ministership, says Digvijay
Ujjain: Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh on Tuesday said that he is not in the race for the Chief Ministership of Madhya Pradesh and would not contest the state Assembly elections slated later this year.
"I want to make it clear that come what may I am not in the race for the Chief Ministership of Madhya Pradesh and I am sure not to contest the Assembly elections in the state this year," Singh told reporters here.
"However, I would contest next year`s Lok Sabha elections if the party allows me to do so," he said.
These days in Madhya Pradesh, criminals owing allegiance to the BJP were roaming scot-free while false cases were being slapped on Congress workers, he alleged.
Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan believes only in making announcements about which nothing is done, he further alleged.
"One day I would like to ask Chouhan what has been the real fate of the numerous announcements that he had made," the Congress General Secretary said.
He said Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha, Sushma Swaraj, is very vocal about rapes in New Delhi but she does not say a word about atrocities against women in Madhya Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest