MP population estimated at 7.25 cr
Bhopal: The total population of Madhya
Pradesh as per provisional figures for the 2011 census stood
at 7,25,97,565 (7.25 cr), large chunk of which stays in rural
Incidentally, there are only 16 countries in the world
whose population is more than that of Madhya Pradesh.
Releasing the provisional figures for the census at a
press conference here today, Director of Census Operations S
Sinha said that of the total, 3,76,12,920 were males and
3,49,84,645 were females.
As per the figures, the population of Madhya Pradesh
is more than that of many countries including Thailand,
France, Italy, UK, Myanmar and South Africa and only slightly
less than that of Iran, Turkey and Germany.
The population of the State is more than the combined
population of Australia, Sri Lanka and Afghanistan.
The Director said that the rural population of Madhya
Pradesh was provisionally estimated at 5,25,37,899 out of
which 2,71,42,409 were males and 2,53,95,490 were females.
Sinha said that during the last decade rural population
had grown by 18.4 per cent while urban population went up by
25.6 per cent.
He said that the sex ratio in the rural areas of the
state was 936 (number of woman per 1,000 men) while it was 916
in the urban areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security