MP: Raids at DFO`s homes, Rs 30 cr assets found
Ujjain: Lokayukta Police on Tuesday conducted a raid against an Indian Forest Service (IFS) officer and recovered assets and cash worth nearly Rs 30 crore, in disproportionation to his sources of income.
The raids were simultaneously conducted at the Ratlam, Mandsaur, Neemuch and Bhopal residences of divisional forest officer (DFO) S K Palshi during which Rs 20 lakh cash and gold jewellery worth Rs 30-40 lakh were recovered so far, Lokayukta`s Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) O P Sagoria told reporters.
The total value of assets recovered so far from the DFO is between Rs 25-30 crore, he said adding the figure could be higher as the raids were still on.
Besides owning land worth crores in the above four cities, police also found a petrol pump in the name of his nephew and a gas agency in his wife`s name.
Wades of currency notes were found from under the bed at Ratlam and Mandsaur residences and in specially built secret lockers at his Ratlam residence.
Scrutiny of seized documents is going on, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days