MP: Raids at DFO`s homes, Rs 30 cr assets found
Ujjain: Lokayukta Police on Tuesday conducted a raid against an Indian Forest Service (IFS) officer and recovered assets and cash worth nearly Rs 30 crore, in disproportionation to his sources of income.
The raids were simultaneously conducted at the Ratlam, Mandsaur, Neemuch and Bhopal residences of divisional forest officer (DFO) S K Palshi during which Rs 20 lakh cash and gold jewellery worth Rs 30-40 lakh were recovered so far, Lokayukta`s Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) O P Sagoria told reporters.
The total value of assets recovered so far from the DFO is between Rs 25-30 crore, he said adding the figure could be higher as the raids were still on.
Besides owning land worth crores in the above four cities, police also found a petrol pump in the name of his nephew and a gas agency in his wife`s name.
Wades of currency notes were found from under the bed at Ratlam and Mandsaur residences and in specially built secret lockers at his Ratlam residence.
Scrutiny of seized documents is going on, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed