MP rape victim continues to be critical, accused arrested
Zee Media Bureau
Nagpur: The condition of the five-year-old girl who was brutally raped in Madhya Pradesh is stated to be critical on Monday and is on life support. The 35-year-old accused who raped her was reportedly arrested on Monday.
The girl has suffered serious brain injuries after the assault, as per report.
"The girl is in a critical condition and has been kept on a ventilator. She has suffered brain damage and the supply of oxygen to the brain has stopped," Dr Ashok Tank, who is attending on her, said.
The girl was allegedly raped by one Firoz khan on April 17 in Ghansour town after which she was dumped at a farm, Madhya Pradesh police has said. She was found unconscious by her parents the next morning.
She was taken to Jabalpur for preliminary treatment and was later shifted to a private hospital in Nagpur by an air ambulance.
Police teams were sent to Delhi and Bihar to trace the accused who is still absconding. A case under Sec 363 (punishment for kidnapping), 366 (kidnapping, abducting or inducing woman) and 376 (punishment for rape) of the IPC was registered against Khan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!