MP reels under cold wave; mercury dips
Bhopal: Intense cold wave swept across Madhya Pradesh with temperatures dropping to a low of two degrees in some parts of the state.
The capital city yesterday recorded a minimum temperature of 5.4 degrees Celsius which was seven degrees below normal.
The lowest minimum temperature last year was 10.5 degrees.
Damoh and Pachmarhi were the coldest with the mercury plunging to a chilling two degrees.
A temperature of three degrees was recorded in Rewa, Naugaon and Datia districts. While it was four degrees in
Satna, Khajuraho, Tikamgarh, Rajgarh, Ujjain and Gwalior; Sagar, Ratlam, Shajapur, Guna were at five; and Siddhi,
Jabalpur, Betul and Narsinghpur recorded six degrees C.
Weather officials said the cold wave conditions would continue for another day and pointed out that there would be
no early respite as temperature rise will be very gradual.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa