MP reels under cold wave; mercury dips
Bhopal: Intense cold wave swept across Madhya Pradesh with temperatures dropping to a low of two degrees in some parts of the state.
The capital city yesterday recorded a minimum temperature of 5.4 degrees Celsius which was seven degrees below normal.
The lowest minimum temperature last year was 10.5 degrees.
Damoh and Pachmarhi were the coldest with the mercury plunging to a chilling two degrees.
A temperature of three degrees was recorded in Rewa, Naugaon and Datia districts. While it was four degrees in
Satna, Khajuraho, Tikamgarh, Rajgarh, Ujjain and Gwalior; Sagar, Ratlam, Shajapur, Guna were at five; and Siddhi,
Jabalpur, Betul and Narsinghpur recorded six degrees C.
Weather officials said the cold wave conditions would continue for another day and pointed out that there would be
no early respite as temperature rise will be very gradual.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi