MP: Revenue inspector caught accepting bribe
Chhindwara (MP): A Patwari (revenue inspector) was caught red-handed by the Lokayukta Police today for taking a bribe of Rs 3,000 from a farmer for transfering and registering the division of a family property in his name in the official records.
The Patwari identified as Harishchandra Bijouria had demanded Rs 30,000 from farmer Deepak Pawar for transfering land records in his name following which Pawar had paid two installments of Rs 5,000 and Rs 3,000 to him.
Later, he tipped-off the Lokayukta Police about it following which a trap was laid and the Patwari was caught accepting a bribe of Rs 3,000 as third installment from him, Lokayukta Inspector, Prabhat Shukla told reporters.
A case was also registered against him in this regard after which the Sub Divisional Magistrate (SDM) K D Tripathi suspended Bijouria and ordered a probe against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh