MP: Revenue inspector caught accepting bribe
Chhindwara (MP): A Patwari (revenue inspector) was caught red-handed by the Lokayukta Police today for taking a bribe of Rs 3,000 from a farmer for transfering and registering the division of a family property in his name in the official records.
The Patwari identified as Harishchandra Bijouria had demanded Rs 30,000 from farmer Deepak Pawar for transfering land records in his name following which Pawar had paid two installments of Rs 5,000 and Rs 3,000 to him.
Later, he tipped-off the Lokayukta Police about it following which a trap was laid and the Patwari was caught accepting a bribe of Rs 3,000 as third installment from him, Lokayukta Inspector, Prabhat Shukla told reporters.
A case was also registered against him in this regard after which the Sub Divisional Magistrate (SDM) K D Tripathi suspended Bijouria and ordered a probe against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Apple buys health startup founded by Indian-origin duo
- SHOCKING! This film director wants to 'spit' on PV Sindhu's achievement in Rio Olympics
- Prakash Javadekar commits a blooper, says Jawaharlal Nehru, Sardar Patel, Subhas Chandra Bose were hanged
- Absconding rape accused AISA leader Anmol Ratan to apply for anticipatory bail
- Silly to have advertised my Chevalier award: Kamal Haasan