MP: Revenue inspector caught accepting bribe
Chhindwara (MP): A Patwari (revenue inspector) was caught red-handed by the Lokayukta Police today for taking a bribe of Rs 3,000 from a farmer for transfering and registering the division of a family property in his name in the official records.
The Patwari identified as Harishchandra Bijouria had demanded Rs 30,000 from farmer Deepak Pawar for transfering land records in his name following which Pawar had paid two installments of Rs 5,000 and Rs 3,000 to him.
Later, he tipped-off the Lokayukta Police about it following which a trap was laid and the Patwari was caught accepting a bribe of Rs 3,000 as third installment from him, Lokayukta Inspector, Prabhat Shukla told reporters.
A case was also registered against him in this regard after which the Sub Divisional Magistrate (SDM) K D Tripathi suspended Bijouria and ordered a probe against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!