MP: Revenue inspector caught accepting bribe
Chhindwara (MP): A Patwari (revenue inspector) was caught red-handed by the Lokayukta Police today for taking a bribe of Rs 3,000 from a farmer for transfering and registering the division of a family property in his name in the official records.
The Patwari identified as Harishchandra Bijouria had demanded Rs 30,000 from farmer Deepak Pawar for transfering land records in his name following which Pawar had paid two installments of Rs 5,000 and Rs 3,000 to him.
Later, he tipped-off the Lokayukta Police about it following which a trap was laid and the Patwari was caught accepting a bribe of Rs 3,000 as third installment from him, Lokayukta Inspector, Prabhat Shukla told reporters.
A case was also registered against him in this regard after which the Sub Divisional Magistrate (SDM) K D Tripathi suspended Bijouria and ordered a probe against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt