MP: Revenue inspector caught accepting bribe
Chhindwara (MP): A Patwari (revenue inspector) was caught red-handed by the Lokayukta Police today for taking a bribe of Rs 3,000 from a farmer for transfering and registering the division of a family property in his name in the official records.
The Patwari identified as Harishchandra Bijouria had demanded Rs 30,000 from farmer Deepak Pawar for transfering land records in his name following which Pawar had paid two installments of Rs 5,000 and Rs 3,000 to him.
Later, he tipped-off the Lokayukta Police about it following which a trap was laid and the Patwari was caught accepting a bribe of Rs 3,000 as third installment from him, Lokayukta Inspector, Prabhat Shukla told reporters.
A case was also registered against him in this regard after which the Sub Divisional Magistrate (SDM) K D Tripathi suspended Bijouria and ordered a probe against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray