MP rights panel begins probe into Indore youth`s murder
Indore: A team of Madhya Pradesh Human Rights Commission (MPHRC) today began probe into circumstances surrounding the death of a youth, who was stabbed by four persons over an eve-teasing incident here last month.
Ravi Dangi, in his early 20s, was stabbed in Rajendra Nagar here on August 21 after he along with his friend Ankit Agarwal took on four youths who passed lewd remarks at a girl accompanying them and tried to outrage her modesty.
There was an outrage after Ravi`s family alleged that failure on part of the policemen to take him to hospital in time led to his death.
The three-member team, led by Anita Malviya, Superintendent of Police at MPHRC, first visited the Rajendra Nagar Police Station, where Ravi was taken after being stabbed. It recorded the statements of its Thana In-charge and other staff who were present on the day of the incident.
The team later went to Ravi`s house at Arjun Nagar, where its members spoke to his father, other relatives and recorded their statements. The team also procured video clippings of the incident, official sources said.
Later talking to the media, Malviya said the team would soon submit its report.
Four persons have been arrested in connection with the attack. A bleeding profusely Ravi was rushed to Rajendra Nagar police station by his friends. His friends and family alleged that Ravi lay bleeding for over an hour as policemen completed formalities.
However, State Home Minister Umashankar Gupta later gave a clean chit to the policemen, saying there was no lapse on their part.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security