MP: Rs 4 crore assets seized from a Patwari
Ujjain: Madhya Pradesh Lokayukta Police on Monday
raided the house of a Patwari (revenue inspector) here and
recovered assets worth about Rs 4 crore from his possession
which was disproportionate to his known sources of income.
Acting on a tip-off, Lokayukta police raided the house of
Patwari, Babulal Kamra, posted at Tarana tehsil in the
district and recovered assets worth Rs 4 crore when his total
income during his 25-year-long career could not have been more
than Rs 15 lakh, SP (Lokayukta) Arun Mishra told reporters.
Police found the patwari was holding two houses (one each
at Tarana and Ujjain), 22 acre agriculture land in the name of
himself, wife and son in two villages, two four-wheelers, two
two-wheelers, gold and silver ornaments worth Rs 15 lakh and
insurance policy worth Rs 5 lakh. Besides, his bank lockers
are yet to be opened.
Incidentally, a few weeks ago, the Patwari had come to
know about a possible raid by the Lokayukta following which he
had kept his jewellery at a neighbour`s place. But it so
happened that the neighbour`s house was burgled and thieves
decamped with Patwari`s jewellery.
The neighbour told the police that the jewellery
belonged to Patwari. Later, police managed to arrest the
thieves and recovered the loot including jewellery.
The Patwari then got back his jewellery through a court
order, but now it has become an evidence against him as he
cannot disown the jewellery, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'