MP school children to study lessons from Bhagwad Gita
Indore: Disregarding the furore over alleged saffronisation of education in Madhya Pradesh, the state BJP-led government has decided to go ahead with inclusion of some chapters related to the holy Bhagwat Gita in school curriculum.
According to a notification issued in the state gazette earlier this month, the state government, after holding discussions with the state Madhyamik Shiksha Mandal, has given the nod to add one chapter related to episodes in Bhagwad Gita in the `Hindi special` subject of classes IX to XII in schools from the academic session 2013-14.
The notification mentions that approval has also been granted for including chapters about episodes of Bhagwat Gita in `English special` subject also of classes XI and XII.
Sources said the state government had been trying for the last three years to include episodes from the Bhagwat Gita in school curriculum to impart moral education to children.
Meanwhile, Opposition Congress` spokesman Narendra Saluja said the BJP was trying to saffronise education in the hope of being in the good books of the RSS.
People of all religions live in the state, Saluja said adding that chapters from the Bible, Guru Granth Sahib and the Quran should also be included in the school curriculum.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- Motorola Moto G4 Plus review: Watch video
- Boney Kapoor to meet Salman Khan to discuss dates for 'No Entry' sequel
- ISRO's first ever 'Made-in-India' space shuttle all set for launch tomorrow!
- Don't think BCCI president post is a crown of thorns: Sourav Ganguly
- Shraddha Kapoor happy to be replaced by Alia Bhatt in ‘Aashiqui 3’?