MP school children to study lessons from Bhagwad Gita
Indore: Disregarding the furore over alleged saffronisation of education in Madhya Pradesh, the state BJP-led government has decided to go ahead with inclusion of some chapters related to the holy Bhagwat Gita in school curriculum.
According to a notification issued in the state gazette earlier this month, the state government, after holding discussions with the state Madhyamik Shiksha Mandal, has given the nod to add one chapter related to episodes in Bhagwad Gita in the `Hindi special` subject of classes IX to XII in schools from the academic session 2013-14.
The notification mentions that approval has also been granted for including chapters about episodes of Bhagwat Gita in `English special` subject also of classes XI and XII.
Sources said the state government had been trying for the last three years to include episodes from the Bhagwat Gita in school curriculum to impart moral education to children.
Meanwhile, Opposition Congress` spokesman Narendra Saluja said the BJP was trying to saffronise education in the hope of being in the good books of the RSS.
People of all religions live in the state, Saluja said adding that chapters from the Bible, Guru Granth Sahib and the Quran should also be included in the school curriculum.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know