MP selected for `National e-governance Award`
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh has been selected
for "National e-governance Award" for its initiatives in the
IT sector, official sources said on Sunday.
The award will be given to the state during the two-
day 15th national conference on e-governance to be held at
Bhubaneshwar from February 10.
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has congratulated
the officials whose efforts have led to the honour for the
The awards were announced under seven categories and
Madhya Pradesh bagged honour in one of them. The award is
given every year by the Central Government.
The State Government`s e-governance project in Gwalior
district has fetched the award. Under the project, 75 public
services spanning 13 departments were successful delivered
through 48 Janmitra Samadhan Kendras benefiting 3.86 lakh
applicants, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet