MP: Seven killed as cracker factory catches fire
Mhow: Seven people were killed and five
others critically injured after a major fire broke out at a cracker factory near Indore today, police said.
The factory and four adjacent houses at Multani Nagar in
Rau were completely gutted down in the fire before the
situation could be brought under control, they said.
During rescue work, it was found that seven people had
died after suffering severe burn injuries. Five others who
were critically injured were rushed to a nearby hospital in
Indore, police said.
According to eyewitnesses, a loud blast was heard from
the factory, which was followed by crackers shooting in all
directions. Within minutes, four more houses adjoining the
factory caught fire and huge flames rose from them too, police
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi