MP: Slain IPS officer`s father wants trial for murder
Indore: Keshavdev Singh, father of slain IPS officer Narendra Kumar Singh, on Wednesday filed a petition in the special CBI court here seeking a charge under section 302 (murder) of Indian Penal Code against the killer of his son.
Manoj Gurjar, who is accused of running his tractor-trolley carrying illegally mined stones over Narendra Kumar when the latter tried to stop him in Morena district on March 8 this year, is facing trial under section 304 (culpable homicide not amounting to murder).
Keshavdev today moved a review petition before judge Anupam Srivastava, alleging that CBI had diluted the charges, as the FIR filed by Banmore police was under section 302.
The court would hear the petition on December 27, senior public prosecutor A H Khan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH