MP speaker calls Digvijay Singh a `terrorist`
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh speaker Ishwardas Rohani hurled a political bombshell, reportedly calling Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh a "terrorist" at a public function here.
"Digvijay Singh goes to Azamgarh and visits the families of suspected terrorists. He eats biryani with them and then he accuses me of having connections with banned radical outfits. If there is anyone who is a terrorist here, it is Digvijay Singh. He is the country`s biggest name in terror," media report quoted the Speaker as saying.
Rohani was addressing a public gathering in Jabalpur on Sunday evening.
Earlier Digvijay Singh had had alleged that the Speaker was shielding some persons associated with the banned outfit Students` Islamic Movement of India (SIMI) and Jamait-Ahl-e-Hadees.
At a press conference, Singh had claimed that the Speaker was protecting Abdul Razzak, the Jabalpur based chief of Jamait-Ahl-e-Hadees, who is allegedly involved in anti-national activities.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living