MP speaker calls Digvijay Singh a `terrorist`
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh speaker Ishwardas Rohani hurled a political bombshell, reportedly calling Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh a "terrorist" at a public function here.
"Digvijay Singh goes to Azamgarh and visits the families of suspected terrorists. He eats biryani with them and then he accuses me of having connections with banned radical outfits. If there is anyone who is a terrorist here, it is Digvijay Singh. He is the country`s biggest name in terror," media report quoted the Speaker as saying.
Rohani was addressing a public gathering in Jabalpur on Sunday evening.
Earlier Digvijay Singh had had alleged that the Speaker was shielding some persons associated with the banned outfit Students` Islamic Movement of India (SIMI) and Jamait-Ahl-e-Hadees.
At a press conference, Singh had claimed that the Speaker was protecting Abdul Razzak, the Jabalpur based chief of Jamait-Ahl-e-Hadees, who is allegedly involved in anti-national activities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof