MP speaker calls Digvijay Singh a `terrorist`
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh speaker Ishwardas Rohani hurled a political bombshell, reportedly calling Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh a "terrorist" at a public function here.
"Digvijay Singh goes to Azamgarh and visits the families of suspected terrorists. He eats biryani with them and then he accuses me of having connections with banned radical outfits. If there is anyone who is a terrorist here, it is Digvijay Singh. He is the country`s biggest name in terror," media report quoted the Speaker as saying.
Rohani was addressing a public gathering in Jabalpur on Sunday evening.
Earlier Digvijay Singh had had alleged that the Speaker was shielding some persons associated with the banned outfit Students` Islamic Movement of India (SIMI) and Jamait-Ahl-e-Hadees.
At a press conference, Singh had claimed that the Speaker was protecting Abdul Razzak, the Jabalpur based chief of Jamait-Ahl-e-Hadees, who is allegedly involved in anti-national activities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- 'NSG applications of Pakistan, India should be considered together'
- Jung, Meena will be summoned over Sheila govt 'scams': Dy Speaker
- CBI files fresh chargesheet against two in Vyapam cases
- ED officer loses annual increments for harassing woman
- Finally! Ringing Bells ready with two lakh Freedom 251 phones: Mohit Goel