MP speaker calls Digvijay Singh a `terrorist`
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh speaker Ishwardas Rohani hurled a political bombshell, reportedly calling Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh a "terrorist" at a public function here.
"Digvijay Singh goes to Azamgarh and visits the families of suspected terrorists. He eats biryani with them and then he accuses me of having connections with banned radical outfits. If there is anyone who is a terrorist here, it is Digvijay Singh. He is the country`s biggest name in terror," media report quoted the Speaker as saying.
Rohani was addressing a public gathering in Jabalpur on Sunday evening.
Earlier Digvijay Singh had had alleged that the Speaker was shielding some persons associated with the banned outfit Students` Islamic Movement of India (SIMI) and Jamait-Ahl-e-Hadees.
At a press conference, Singh had claimed that the Speaker was protecting Abdul Razzak, the Jabalpur based chief of Jamait-Ahl-e-Hadees, who is allegedly involved in anti-national activities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 82 seats, BJP in 47; counting underway
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena maintains lead in BMC poll results, begins celebrations in Mumbai; BJP leading in Pune, Nagpur