MP speaker calls Digvijay Singh a `terrorist`
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh speaker Ishwardas Rohani hurled a political bombshell, reportedly calling Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh a "terrorist" at a public function here.
"Digvijay Singh goes to Azamgarh and visits the families of suspected terrorists. He eats biryani with them and then he accuses me of having connections with banned radical outfits. If there is anyone who is a terrorist here, it is Digvijay Singh. He is the country`s biggest name in terror," media report quoted the Speaker as saying.
Rohani was addressing a public gathering in Jabalpur on Sunday evening.
Earlier Digvijay Singh had had alleged that the Speaker was shielding some persons associated with the banned outfit Students` Islamic Movement of India (SIMI) and Jamait-Ahl-e-Hadees.
At a press conference, Singh had claimed that the Speaker was protecting Abdul Razzak, the Jabalpur based chief of Jamait-Ahl-e-Hadees, who is allegedly involved in anti-national activities.
- Deaths in rehabilitation home: Raje govt suspends erring officials
- IPL 9: Gujarat Lions vs Kings XI Punjab – Probable playing XIs; players to watch out for
- WATCH: You ripper! Unplayable magic ball leaves master batsman VVS Laxman completely exposed!
- IPL 2016, Match 30: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Kolkata Knight Riders - Preview
- Sebi to up vigil to check misuse of investor money by brokers