MP suggests small dams for continuous flow of water in Narmada
Indore: Senior BJP leader and MP Anil
Madhav Dave on Friday advocated for construction of small
dams in place of large ones on Narmada river, saying the step
will "ensure continuous flow in it".
The past mistakes of constructing big dams on rivers
Narmada should not be repeated further at any cost, Dave, who
runs an NGO `Narmada Samagra Nyas`, told reporters.
The Rajya Sabha member said that in view of the, forthcoming "Gandesh Chaturthi" festival, his NGO will generate awareness among devotees for using small idols of
clay or mud instead of larger ones of Plaster of Paris.
It will be in the interest of both environment as well as humans if devotees immerse Ganesh idols in small pots at
their homes instead of rivers, lakes, reservoirs or other water bodies, he said, adding the step will check water
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital