MP suggests small dams for continuous flow of water in Narmada
Indore: Senior BJP leader and MP Anil
Madhav Dave on Friday advocated for construction of small
dams in place of large ones on Narmada river, saying the step
will "ensure continuous flow in it".
The past mistakes of constructing big dams on rivers
Narmada should not be repeated further at any cost, Dave, who
runs an NGO `Narmada Samagra Nyas`, told reporters.
The Rajya Sabha member said that in view of the, forthcoming "Gandesh Chaturthi" festival, his NGO will generate awareness among devotees for using small idols of
clay or mud instead of larger ones of Plaster of Paris.
It will be in the interest of both environment as well as humans if devotees immerse Ganesh idols in small pots at
their homes instead of rivers, lakes, reservoirs or other water bodies, he said, adding the step will check water
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed