MP suggests small dams for continuous flow of water in Narmada
Indore: Senior BJP leader and MP Anil
Madhav Dave on Friday advocated for construction of small
dams in place of large ones on Narmada river, saying the step
will "ensure continuous flow in it".
The past mistakes of constructing big dams on rivers
Narmada should not be repeated further at any cost, Dave, who
runs an NGO `Narmada Samagra Nyas`, told reporters.
The Rajya Sabha member said that in view of the, forthcoming "Gandesh Chaturthi" festival, his NGO will generate awareness among devotees for using small idols of
clay or mud instead of larger ones of Plaster of Paris.
It will be in the interest of both environment as well as humans if devotees immerse Ganesh idols in small pots at
their homes instead of rivers, lakes, reservoirs or other water bodies, he said, adding the step will check water
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!