MP suggests small dams for continuous flow of water in Narmada
Indore: Senior BJP leader and MP Anil
Madhav Dave on Friday advocated for construction of small
dams in place of large ones on Narmada river, saying the step
will "ensure continuous flow in it".
The past mistakes of constructing big dams on rivers
Narmada should not be repeated further at any cost, Dave, who
runs an NGO `Narmada Samagra Nyas`, told reporters.
The Rajya Sabha member said that in view of the, forthcoming "Gandesh Chaturthi" festival, his NGO will generate awareness among devotees for using small idols of
clay or mud instead of larger ones of Plaster of Paris.
It will be in the interest of both environment as well as humans if devotees immerse Ganesh idols in small pots at
their homes instead of rivers, lakes, reservoirs or other water bodies, he said, adding the step will check water
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31