MP: Teen ends life over tiff with brother for watching TV
Bhopal: A 13-year-old boy allegedly committed suicide after his younger brother, who was watching a cartoon channel on television, refused to allow him to watch a programme of his choice, police said on Monday.
The incident occurred in Barkheda area under Govindpura Police Station when their parents had gone to the market, police said.
On Saturday night, Pandi had a fight with his brother Anees (9) over the issue of watching their favourite channels following which the younger sibling smashed the glass of a cupboard and rummaged the belongings kept in the room.
Upset over the reaction, Pandi went inside the room and hanged himself, may be due to the fear that his parents would scold him, Govindpura police station in-charge SKS Tomar told reporters.
The body has been sent for autopsy, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends