MP: Teen ends life over tiff with brother for watching TV
Bhopal: A 13-year-old boy allegedly committed suicide after his younger brother, who was watching a cartoon channel on television, refused to allow him to watch a programme of his choice, police said on Monday.
The incident occurred in Barkheda area under Govindpura Police Station when their parents had gone to the market, police said.
On Saturday night, Pandi had a fight with his brother Anees (9) over the issue of watching their favourite channels following which the younger sibling smashed the glass of a cupboard and rummaged the belongings kept in the room.
Upset over the reaction, Pandi went inside the room and hanged himself, may be due to the fear that his parents would scold him, Govindpura police station in-charge SKS Tomar told reporters.
The body has been sent for autopsy, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued