MP: Teen ends life over tiff with brother for watching TV
Bhopal: A 13-year-old boy allegedly committed suicide after his younger brother, who was watching a cartoon channel on television, refused to allow him to watch a programme of his choice, police said on Monday.
The incident occurred in Barkheda area under Govindpura Police Station when their parents had gone to the market, police said.
On Saturday night, Pandi had a fight with his brother Anees (9) over the issue of watching their favourite channels following which the younger sibling smashed the glass of a cupboard and rummaged the belongings kept in the room.
Upset over the reaction, Pandi went inside the room and hanged himself, may be due to the fear that his parents would scold him, Govindpura police station in-charge SKS Tomar told reporters.
The body has been sent for autopsy, police added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed