MP: Teen ends life over tiff with brother for watching TV
Bhopal: A 13-year-old boy allegedly committed suicide after his younger brother, who was watching a cartoon channel on television, refused to allow him to watch a programme of his choice, police said on Monday.
The incident occurred in Barkheda area under Govindpura Police Station when their parents had gone to the market, police said.
On Saturday night, Pandi had a fight with his brother Anees (9) over the issue of watching their favourite channels following which the younger sibling smashed the glass of a cupboard and rummaged the belongings kept in the room.
Upset over the reaction, Pandi went inside the room and hanged himself, may be due to the fear that his parents would scold him, Govindpura police station in-charge SKS Tomar told reporters.
The body has been sent for autopsy, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre