MP to provide all health facilities to gas tragedy
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh government has decided to provide all-round health facilities to victims of Bhopal gas tragedy.
While issuing directive to this effect at a departmental meeting yesterday, Bhopal Gas Relief and Rehabilitation Minister Babulal Gaur also asked for schemes to be chalked out for the health, economic, social and environmental and rehabilitation of the 1984 gas leak-affected persons, an official release issued here today said.
The meeting was held to discuss the possibilities of making Bhopal Gas Tragedy, Relief and Rehabilitation a permanent department, the release said.
During the meeting, in-principle consent was given for an expenditure of about Rs 10 crore towards creation of 476 new posts in the state Gas Relief Department.
It was informed at the meeting that the department`s jurisdiction is restricted to Bhopal Municipal Corporation limits.
At present, 36 out of 56 wards in the city have been declared as gas-affected. Residents of remaining 20 wards were also given compensation based on the health damages suffered due to gas leak.
A total of 634 beds are available in six major hospitals established to ensure medical rehabilitation of the persons suffering from long-term affects of Bhopal gas tragedy, the release added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij