MP to take farmers` consent before acquiring land
Indore: Madhya Pradesh Government will take
care of farmers` interests while acquiring their land for
industrial projects, State`s Industries Minister, Kailash
Vijaywargiya said here on Friday.
"We will acquire farmers land for the industrial
projects only after taking their consent," Vijaywargiya told
reporters after a programme here.
To a question, he said that Land Acquisition Act is
there, but while acquiring land for industries the government
would take care of farmers` interests.
The farmers under the banner of Bhartiya Kisan Sangh
had organised a massive protest here recently against the
present Land Acquisition Act and demanded it to be replaced
with a new one.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- France opens manslaughter inquiry into EgyptAir crash
- BGR-34 - Ayurvedic anti-diabetic drug launched by CSIR!
- After Dalai Lama met Lady Gaga, China warns of his motives
- Ishrat Jahan encounter case: GK Pillai knew of changes in affidavit, says inquiry panel
- Army, CRPF squabble over who killed Pampore terrorists