MP town normal after communal clash
Raisen (MP): Curfew in Obaidullaganj, about
35 km away from Bhopal, was relaxed for sometime on Tuesday after
law and order situation improved in the town, which had
witnessed a communal clash early this week.
Prohibitory ordered were relaxed for half-an-hour in
the morning for all and one hour in the evening for women,
district in-charge SP Awdhesh Goswami told agency.
"Situation in the town is tense but under control and no
untoward incident was reported since yesterday afternoon," he
There were clashes between members of two communities
and a person was killed on Sunday night.
A case has been registered against 37 people belonging
to both the communities and 22 have been arrested so far,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra