MP town normal after communal clash
Raisen (MP): Curfew in Obaidullaganj, about
35 km away from Bhopal, was relaxed for sometime on Tuesday after
law and order situation improved in the town, which had
witnessed a communal clash early this week.
Prohibitory ordered were relaxed for half-an-hour in
the morning for all and one hour in the evening for women,
district in-charge SP Awdhesh Goswami told agency.
"Situation in the town is tense but under control and no
untoward incident was reported since yesterday afternoon," he
There were clashes between members of two communities
and a person was killed on Sunday night.
A case has been registered against 37 people belonging
to both the communities and 22 have been arrested so far,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur