MP town normal after communal clash
Raisen (MP): Curfew in Obaidullaganj, about
35 km away from Bhopal, was relaxed for sometime on Tuesday after
law and order situation improved in the town, which had
witnessed a communal clash early this week.
Prohibitory ordered were relaxed for half-an-hour in
the morning for all and one hour in the evening for women,
district in-charge SP Awdhesh Goswami told agency.
"Situation in the town is tense but under control and no
untoward incident was reported since yesterday afternoon," he
There were clashes between members of two communities
and a person was killed on Sunday night.
A case has been registered against 37 people belonging
to both the communities and 22 have been arrested so far,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'