MP tribals not getting benefits of welfare schemes: Cong
Bhopal: Opposition Congress on Saturday said tribals in Madhya Pradesh were not getting benefits from schemes claimed to have been launched by the State BJP Government for their welfare.
Tribals were not getting the benefits from schemes supposed to be run for their welfare, Madhya Pradesh Congress President Kantilal Bhuria said in a release here.
The situation was so bad that tribals were being forced to let their children work as bonded labourers. In Sailana area of Ratlam district, around 500 children were today working as bonded labourers which reflects poorly on the State administration, he said.
The Shivraj Chouhan Government appears to be happy with just giving figures about what it has done for tribals instead of coming out with anything tangible for them, the Congress leader said.
Bhuria maintained that condition of the tribals has hardly changed despite tall claims made by the BJP Government, which is in power since 2003.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days