MP tribals not getting benefits of welfare schemes: Cong
Bhopal: Opposition Congress on Saturday said tribals in Madhya Pradesh were not getting benefits from schemes claimed to have been launched by the State BJP Government for their welfare.
Tribals were not getting the benefits from schemes supposed to be run for their welfare, Madhya Pradesh Congress President Kantilal Bhuria said in a release here.
The situation was so bad that tribals were being forced to let their children work as bonded labourers. In Sailana area of Ratlam district, around 500 children were today working as bonded labourers which reflects poorly on the State administration, he said.
The Shivraj Chouhan Government appears to be happy with just giving figures about what it has done for tribals instead of coming out with anything tangible for them, the Congress leader said.
Bhuria maintained that condition of the tribals has hardly changed despite tall claims made by the BJP Government, which is in power since 2003.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- No. 1 in Tests: Pakistan cricket team's rise completes journey from isolation to triumph
- Oh fresh! Check out Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor's chemistry in this latest still from 'Befikre'
- Watch: Pune bakery workers forced to do sit-ups for refusing to pay donation for Ganesh festival
- 3.1-magnitude earthquake jolts Assam
- West Indies vs India 2016: Trinidad board launches probe after farcical washout