MP tribals not getting benefits of welfare schemes: Cong
Bhopal: Opposition Congress on Saturday said tribals in Madhya Pradesh were not getting benefits from schemes claimed to have been launched by the State BJP Government for their welfare.
Tribals were not getting the benefits from schemes supposed to be run for their welfare, Madhya Pradesh Congress President Kantilal Bhuria said in a release here.
The situation was so bad that tribals were being forced to let their children work as bonded labourers. In Sailana area of Ratlam district, around 500 children were today working as bonded labourers which reflects poorly on the State administration, he said.
The Shivraj Chouhan Government appears to be happy with just giving figures about what it has done for tribals instead of coming out with anything tangible for them, the Congress leader said.
Bhuria maintained that condition of the tribals has hardly changed despite tall claims made by the BJP Government, which is in power since 2003.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city