MP tribals not getting benefits of welfare schemes: Cong
Bhopal: Opposition Congress on Saturday said tribals in Madhya Pradesh were not getting benefits from schemes claimed to have been launched by the State BJP Government for their welfare.
Tribals were not getting the benefits from schemes supposed to be run for their welfare, Madhya Pradesh Congress President Kantilal Bhuria said in a release here.
The situation was so bad that tribals were being forced to let their children work as bonded labourers. In Sailana area of Ratlam district, around 500 children were today working as bonded labourers which reflects poorly on the State administration, he said.
The Shivraj Chouhan Government appears to be happy with just giving figures about what it has done for tribals instead of coming out with anything tangible for them, the Congress leader said.
Bhuria maintained that condition of the tribals has hardly changed despite tall claims made by the BJP Government, which is in power since 2003.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed