MP tribals not getting benefits of welfare schemes: Cong
Bhopal: Opposition Congress on Saturday said tribals in Madhya Pradesh were not getting benefits from schemes claimed to have been launched by the State BJP Government for their welfare.
Tribals were not getting the benefits from schemes supposed to be run for their welfare, Madhya Pradesh Congress President Kantilal Bhuria said in a release here.
The situation was so bad that tribals were being forced to let their children work as bonded labourers. In Sailana area of Ratlam district, around 500 children were today working as bonded labourers which reflects poorly on the State administration, he said.
The Shivraj Chouhan Government appears to be happy with just giving figures about what it has done for tribals instead of coming out with anything tangible for them, the Congress leader said.
Bhuria maintained that condition of the tribals has hardly changed despite tall claims made by the BJP Government, which is in power since 2003.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption