MP: Two arrested for taking Rs 2000 bribe
Indore: Lokayukta police Wednesday arrested a Indore division Housing Board clerk and a property agent for accepting a bribe of Rs 2000 from a client for renaming the housing documents.
UDC Rameshwar Parmar and property agent were booked under Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988, following a raid by the Lokayukta sleuths.
The raid was conducted on a complaint filed by one Vineet Tiwari who wanted to change the name of his deceased father`s house in his favour at Nanda Nagar locality here, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy