MP: Two cops suspended over youth`s death
Vidisha (MP): A police station in-charge and an assistant sub inspector have been suspended in connection with the death of a youth from Dalit community here, police said.
Station in-charge K S Kalchuri and ASI S P Vishwakarma of Kotwali police station were suspended by DIG Asha Mathur Saturday, they said.
According to police, the victim, identified as Brajesh Ahirwar (30), was severely beaten by three persons in Mandi area under Kotwali police station on August 28 over some financial issues.
Ahirwar`s family members alleged that instead of taking any action against the accused, Vishwakarma, who was present on the spot, beat Brajesh with a cane and later took him to a local hospital.
The next day, he also managed to seek Brajesh`s discharge from the hospital, despite his serious injuries.
When the family members of Brajesh took him to the SP office yesterday, the policemen did not pay any attention to them as they were reportedly busy with a farewell function of two police officers.
However, the policemen later understood the gravity of the situation and took him to a hospital, where he was declared brought dead by doctors.
Taking a serious cognisance of the incident, the DIG ordered suspension of the two police officials in the matter, police said, adding further investigations were on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security