MP university professor found drunk on duty, suspended
Bhopal: A professor of the Barkatullah University has been suspended after he was allegedly found drunk on duty.
S P Sanyal, Head of Department (HoD) of physics, has been suspended and departmental inquiry ordered against him, University Registrar Sanjay Prakash Tiwari said.
The HoD was found in an inebriated condition when a group of girl students, along with some mediapersons, went to his office on Thursday to complain about sexual harassment in the university campus, he said.
"Sanyal`s conduct was found to be bad and his suspension was ordered yesterday," Tiwari said.
After the departmental inquiry, action would be taken against Sanyal for indiscipline, the Registrar said.
Meanwhile, Higher Education Minister Laxmikant Sharma has ordered a high-level inquiry into the complains about sexual harassment in the university campus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why