MP university professor found drunk on duty, suspended
Bhopal: A professor of the Barkatullah University has been suspended after he was allegedly found drunk on duty.
S P Sanyal, Head of Department (HoD) of physics, has been suspended and departmental inquiry ordered against him, University Registrar Sanjay Prakash Tiwari said.
The HoD was found in an inebriated condition when a group of girl students, along with some mediapersons, went to his office on Thursday to complain about sexual harassment in the university campus, he said.
"Sanyal`s conduct was found to be bad and his suspension was ordered yesterday," Tiwari said.
After the departmental inquiry, action would be taken against Sanyal for indiscipline, the Registrar said.
Meanwhile, Higher Education Minister Laxmikant Sharma has ordered a high-level inquiry into the complains about sexual harassment in the university campus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note