MP university professor found drunk on duty, suspended
Bhopal: A professor of the Barkatullah University has been suspended after he was allegedly found drunk on duty.
S P Sanyal, Head of Department (HoD) of physics, has been suspended and departmental inquiry ordered against him, University Registrar Sanjay Prakash Tiwari said.
The HoD was found in an inebriated condition when a group of girl students, along with some mediapersons, went to his office on Thursday to complain about sexual harassment in the university campus, he said.
"Sanyal`s conduct was found to be bad and his suspension was ordered yesterday," Tiwari said.
After the departmental inquiry, action would be taken against Sanyal for indiscipline, the Registrar said.
Meanwhile, Higher Education Minister Laxmikant Sharma has ordered a high-level inquiry into the complains about sexual harassment in the university campus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"