MP varsity unions launch indefinite strike
Bhopal: Six unions of Madhya Pradesh University employees have launched an indefinite strike demanding hike in pension amount, among others.
The strike was launched under the banner of Madhya Pradesh University-Level (Non-teacher) Workers Federation for the strike that was launched three days back.
Besides the state capital, the strike is being held at various places over Jabalpur, Indore, Ujjain, Gwalior, Rewa and Chitrakoot, state federation general secretary Avinash Burbure said in a press release.
Employees staged sit-ins at the entrances of all the universities in the state over their 12-point demands, including that they should get pension as per the recommendations of the Sixth Pay Commission and not as per the previous panel recommendations, besides demanding a hike in medical reimbursement, Burbure alleged that nothing was done in the past two years despite instructions from the Education Minister and Governor, which made them to go on strike.
Meanwhile, the Leader of Opposition in State Assembly, Ajay Singh said the state government was "anti-employees and anti-workers" and demanded that their demands should be met with immediately.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees