MP villagers boycott farmer dubbed as `thief`
Khajuraho (MP): Residents of Lakheri ostracized a farmer after the panchayat branded him a `thief`, as he is alleged to have stolen buffaloes, official sources said.
The panchayat had passed the order that the farmer Harish Chandra Kushwah, who reportedly sold off the buffaloes belonging to a local farmer, should pay him Rs 50,000 as compensation amount, sources said.
However, since Kushwah failed to pay the money, around a fortnight back the panchayat asked the villagers to boycott him.
According to the sources, Kushwah approached the police in this case and narrated the incident to Inspector General of Police Pankaj Shrivastava.
He told that due to the tag, he was not allowed to buy things from market, fetch water from a well and was shooed away by villagers wherever he goes.
The senior police official has assured him to look into the matter soon, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...