MP villagers boycott farmer dubbed as `thief`
Khajuraho (MP): Residents of Lakheri ostracized a farmer after the panchayat branded him a `thief`, as he is alleged to have stolen buffaloes, official sources said.
The panchayat had passed the order that the farmer Harish Chandra Kushwah, who reportedly sold off the buffaloes belonging to a local farmer, should pay him Rs 50,000 as compensation amount, sources said.
However, since Kushwah failed to pay the money, around a fortnight back the panchayat asked the villagers to boycott him.
According to the sources, Kushwah approached the police in this case and narrated the incident to Inspector General of Police Pankaj Shrivastava.
He told that due to the tag, he was not allowed to buy things from market, fetch water from a well and was shooed away by villagers wherever he goes.
The senior police official has assured him to look into the matter soon, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video