MP villages to get uninterrupted power by June: Chouhan
Indore: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Sunday said all villages in the state would get uninterrupted electricity by June.
"All villages in the state will get uninterrupted power supply from June," Chouhan said.
"Jabalpur has become the first district in the state receiving 24-hour power supply from today on par with urban areas", he said.
He was addressing a function organised by the Indore Municipal Corporation.
Chouhan said the state has clocked the growth rate of 12 per cent and agriculture production at 18 per cent. "The 2013-14 budget would be of Rs 1 lakh crore against Rs 80,000 crore of the current fiscal", he announced.
Chouhan said besides giving houses to BPL families, the state government would also regularise all illegal housing colonies in cities which had come up in the last 50 years.
The chief minister said the state government would stand guarantor for small enterprises and would pay five per cent of initial interest on EMIs on loan borrowed by small entrepreneurs.
"Infosys, TCS, Symbiosis and Medanta are coming up in a big way in Indore which is going to be an industrial hub in near future", he said, reiterating that the state will never allow FDI in retail.
On crime against women, Chouhan said police should file challan within 15 days of registering the FIR in such cases. "Courts should see that the trial is concluded in 45-60 days in rape cases", he added.
The chief minister said that people should boycott anti-social elements like eve-teasers.
Indore Mayor KM Moghe claimed that the civic body has become self-reliant by earning taxes to the tune of Rs 236 crore and is hopeful of earning Rs 275 crore by year end.
Chouhan also inaugurated a slew of projects for Indore on the occasion.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference