MP: Woman held for possessing 6 pistols
Bhopal: A tribal woman was arrested after six country-made pistols were from her possession at Bina railway station near here, police said Wednesday.
During a checking exercise at the railway station in Bina district yesterday, police apprehended one - Munni (35) and seized the firearms from her, police said.
On interrogation, the woman told police that the pistols were given to her by one - Rishi Pal Singh, a resident of Burhanpur, and they were to be delivered to an unknown person.
The woman, who had been caught possessing a firearm in the past also, has been booked under the Arms Act and railway police have launched to hunt for the gang allegedly involved in arms trafficking, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city