MP: Woman held for possessing 6 pistols
Bhopal: A tribal woman was arrested after six country-made pistols were from her possession at Bina railway station near here, police said Wednesday.
During a checking exercise at the railway station in Bina district yesterday, police apprehended one - Munni (35) and seized the firearms from her, police said.
On interrogation, the woman told police that the pistols were given to her by one - Rishi Pal Singh, a resident of Burhanpur, and they were to be delivered to an unknown person.
The woman, who had been caught possessing a firearm in the past also, has been booked under the Arms Act and railway police have launched to hunt for the gang allegedly involved in arms trafficking, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown