MP: Youth killed during `dahi handi` celebrations
Morena: A youth was killed when he fell from a human pyramid during Janmashtami`s `dahi handi` celebrations at Pahargarh, about 40 km from here, police said on Saturday.
The incident took place at Purana Kila area last night when a group of youths, popularly known as `Govindas` were trying to break the `dahi handi` hanging from a tree, police said today.
The event had been oganised by a local organisation and had announced an award of Rs 1,000 to the winner.
The deceased, identified as Dheeraj Batham, was at the top of the pyramid and when he was trying to break the `dahi handi`, he fell down in the process and suffered serious head injuries, police said.
He was rushed to a nearby hospital, where doctors declared him brought dead, they said adding a case has been registered in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000