MP: Youth killed during `dahi handi` celebrations
Morena: A youth was killed when he fell from a human pyramid during Janmashtami`s `dahi handi` celebrations at Pahargarh, about 40 km from here, police said on Saturday.
The incident took place at Purana Kila area last night when a group of youths, popularly known as `Govindas` were trying to break the `dahi handi` hanging from a tree, police said today.
The event had been oganised by a local organisation and had announced an award of Rs 1,000 to the winner.
The deceased, identified as Dheeraj Batham, was at the top of the pyramid and when he was trying to break the `dahi handi`, he fell down in the process and suffered serious head injuries, police said.
He was rushed to a nearby hospital, where doctors declared him brought dead, they said adding a case has been registered in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah