MP: Youth killed during `dahi handi` celebrations
Morena: A youth was killed when he fell from a human pyramid during Janmashtami`s `dahi handi` celebrations at Pahargarh, about 40 km from here, police said on Saturday.
The incident took place at Purana Kila area last night when a group of youths, popularly known as `Govindas` were trying to break the `dahi handi` hanging from a tree, police said today.
The event had been oganised by a local organisation and had announced an award of Rs 1,000 to the winner.
The deceased, identified as Dheeraj Batham, was at the top of the pyramid and when he was trying to break the `dahi handi`, he fell down in the process and suffered serious head injuries, police said.
He was rushed to a nearby hospital, where doctors declared him brought dead, they said adding a case has been registered in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani