MPCC issues showcause notices to party workers
Mumbai: Maharashtra Pradesh Congress
Committee (MPCC) has issued showcause notices to 17 party
members from Mumbai for working against the interests of the
party`s official candidate in last year`s assembly elections.
The prominent party leaders include former mayor
Nirmala Samant-Prabhavalkar, former MLA Piyush Mehta and
former spokesman of the Mumbai Congress Ajit Sawant.
The complaints received from contesting candidates
were forwarded to the MPCC for further action, Mumbai Congress
MPCC has issued showcause notices to nearly 100 party
workers on basis of complaints received from contesting
candidates, party general secretary Ganesh Patil said.
"The views of party workers to whom showcause notices
have been issued will be heard and based on that further
disciplinary action will be taken," he said, adding that this
was routine procedure after every election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea