MPCC issues showcause notices to party workers
Mumbai: Maharashtra Pradesh Congress
Committee (MPCC) has issued showcause notices to 17 party
members from Mumbai for working against the interests of the
party`s official candidate in last year`s assembly elections.
The prominent party leaders include former mayor
Nirmala Samant-Prabhavalkar, former MLA Piyush Mehta and
former spokesman of the Mumbai Congress Ajit Sawant.
The complaints received from contesting candidates
were forwarded to the MPCC for further action, Mumbai Congress
MPCC has issued showcause notices to nearly 100 party
workers on basis of complaints received from contesting
candidates, party general secretary Ganesh Patil said.
"The views of party workers to whom showcause notices
have been issued will be heard and based on that further
disciplinary action will be taken," he said, adding that this
was routine procedure after every election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Bihar polls: Nitish's minister Kushwaha caught on camera taking bribe, suspended from party post