MPCC issues showcause notices to party workers
Mumbai: Maharashtra Pradesh Congress
Committee (MPCC) has issued showcause notices to 17 party
members from Mumbai for working against the interests of the
party`s official candidate in last year`s assembly elections.
The prominent party leaders include former mayor
Nirmala Samant-Prabhavalkar, former MLA Piyush Mehta and
former spokesman of the Mumbai Congress Ajit Sawant.
The complaints received from contesting candidates
were forwarded to the MPCC for further action, Mumbai Congress
MPCC has issued showcause notices to nearly 100 party
workers on basis of complaints received from contesting
candidates, party general secretary Ganesh Patil said.
"The views of party workers to whom showcause notices
have been issued will be heard and based on that further
disciplinary action will be taken," he said, adding that this
was routine procedure after every election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?