MPCC issues showcause notices to party workers
Mumbai: Maharashtra Pradesh Congress
Committee (MPCC) has issued showcause notices to 17 party
members from Mumbai for working against the interests of the
party`s official candidate in last year`s assembly elections.
The prominent party leaders include former mayor
Nirmala Samant-Prabhavalkar, former MLA Piyush Mehta and
former spokesman of the Mumbai Congress Ajit Sawant.
The complaints received from contesting candidates
were forwarded to the MPCC for further action, Mumbai Congress
MPCC has issued showcause notices to nearly 100 party
workers on basis of complaints received from contesting
candidates, party general secretary Ganesh Patil said.
"The views of party workers to whom showcause notices
have been issued will be heard and based on that further
disciplinary action will be taken," he said, adding that this
was routine procedure after every election.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city