MPHRC takes cognisance of farmer suicides in MP
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh Human Rights Commission (MPHRC) has taken congnisance of reports of farmer suicides in some districts of the state.
Following this, the MPHRC has sought reports on the suicides from Collectors and Superintendents of Police of the concerned districts.
The Commission has asked the two to submit their reports within 15 days in case of any such incident.
The MPHRC in-charge Chairman, A K Saxena has also directed the members of its investigating teams to go to areas from where these suicides have been reported.
Saxena has also asked investigators to find out the circumstances in which the suicides took place and present a report within 10 days.
Four to five farmer suicides have been reported from Damoh, Raisen and Sagar districts of Madhya Pradesh within a fortnight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!