MPHRC takes cognisance of farmer suicides in MP
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh Human Rights Commission (MPHRC) has taken congnisance of reports of farmer suicides in some districts of the state.
Following this, the MPHRC has sought reports on the suicides from Collectors and Superintendents of Police of the concerned districts.
The Commission has asked the two to submit their reports within 15 days in case of any such incident.
The MPHRC in-charge Chairman, A K Saxena has also directed the members of its investigating teams to go to areas from where these suicides have been reported.
Saxena has also asked investigators to find out the circumstances in which the suicides took place and present a report within 10 days.
Four to five farmer suicides have been reported from Damoh, Raisen and Sagar districts of Madhya Pradesh within a fortnight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know