MPHRC takes cognisance of farmer suicides in MP
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh Human Rights Commission (MPHRC) has taken congnisance of reports of farmer suicides in some districts of the state.
Following this, the MPHRC has sought reports on the suicides from Collectors and Superintendents of Police of the concerned districts.
The Commission has asked the two to submit their reports within 15 days in case of any such incident.
The MPHRC in-charge Chairman, A K Saxena has also directed the members of its investigating teams to go to areas from where these suicides have been reported.
Saxena has also asked investigators to find out the circumstances in which the suicides took place and present a report within 10 days.
Four to five farmer suicides have been reported from Damoh, Raisen and Sagar districts of Madhya Pradesh within a fortnight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- President Pranab arrives in China to boost bilateral ties
- US-backed Syria rebels unleash offensive against IS capital
- New `Phobia` poster will blow your mind!
- Watch: Disney's 'Beauty and the Beast' teaser trailer will leave you wanting more
- It's out! Kangana, Shahid and Saif Ali Khan's 'Rangoon' release date set!