MPHRC takes cognisance of farmer suicides in MP
Bhopal: The Madhya Pradesh Human Rights Commission (MPHRC) has taken congnisance of reports of farmer suicides in some districts of the state.
Following this, the MPHRC has sought reports on the suicides from Collectors and Superintendents of Police of the concerned districts.
The Commission has asked the two to submit their reports within 15 days in case of any such incident.
The MPHRC in-charge Chairman, A K Saxena has also directed the members of its investigating teams to go to areas from where these suicides have been reported.
Saxena has also asked investigators to find out the circumstances in which the suicides took place and present a report within 10 days.
Four to five farmer suicides have been reported from Damoh, Raisen and Sagar districts of Madhya Pradesh within a fortnight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar