MPPCB mulls sending e-waste to other states for recycling
Indore: Madhya Pradesh Pollution Control
Board (MPPCB) is mulling sending the electronic waste, which
poses a threat to environment to Maharashtra and other states
for re-cycling, an MPPCB official said.
"As Madhya Pradesh does not having a re-cycling unit for
electronic waste, we are thinking over sending it to
Maharashtra and other states," the official said.
He said MPPCB might put up an unit to collect electronic
waste soon and thereafter send it for recycling.
Madhya Pradesh produces roughly around 7,999 tonnes of
electronic waste annually and it stands at 7th place in this
waste generation in the country, he added.
According to the official, MPPCB was awaiting the
Central Environment Ministry guidelines for better management
of electronic waste and added that the Ministry was working on
Electronic Waste Management and Handling Rules, 2010.
Asserting that electronic waste pose a danger,
Environment Minister Jayant Malaiya said he would meet MPPCB
officials to look into ways for recycling this waste.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick