MPPCB mulls sending e-waste to other states for recycling
Indore: Madhya Pradesh Pollution Control
Board (MPPCB) is mulling sending the electronic waste, which
poses a threat to environment to Maharashtra and other states
for re-cycling, an MPPCB official said.
"As Madhya Pradesh does not having a re-cycling unit for
electronic waste, we are thinking over sending it to
Maharashtra and other states," the official said.
He said MPPCB might put up an unit to collect electronic
waste soon and thereafter send it for recycling.
Madhya Pradesh produces roughly around 7,999 tonnes of
electronic waste annually and it stands at 7th place in this
waste generation in the country, he added.
According to the official, MPPCB was awaiting the
Central Environment Ministry guidelines for better management
of electronic waste and added that the Ministry was working on
Electronic Waste Management and Handling Rules, 2010.
Asserting that electronic waste pose a danger,
Environment Minister Jayant Malaiya said he would meet MPPCB
officials to look into ways for recycling this waste.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- French Open 2016: Andy Murray, Stan Wawrinka face Czech challenge in Paris
- Iraq PM announces start of operation to retake Fallujah
- Amnesty warns Yemen civilians face cluster bombs `minefields`
- KTM 1290 Super Duke R based Husqvarna 1301 spotted testing
- 17 girls dead in fire at school dormitory in Thailand