MPPEB scam: 1,000 appts, selections found fake, says Chouhan
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan today admitted that 1,000 out of the over 1.47 lakh appointments and selections made by MP Professional Examination Board (MPPEB) since 2007 were found to be fake.
He assured that during the probe, whosoever is found guilty will not be spared irrespective of his/her position.
"The scam was unearthed in 2009 and we immediately ordered a probe into it and asked the concerned authorities to look into it (selections/ appointments) since 2006. So far, 1,000 out of 1.47 lakh appointments and selections made by MPPEB have been found to be fake," Chouhan said replying to the Motion of Thanks in the state Assembly on the Governor`s address.
He also praised Indore police for taking swift action since the time they came to know about the scam, by arresting suspected imposters appearing in the selection test for various courses.
In view of the magnitude of the scam, the state government decided to handover the case to the Special Task Force (STF), which is probing it currently in an impartial manner, the Chief Minister said.
However, Congress member Mukesh Nayak insisted on handing over the case to the CBI and alleged that the state government is not doing so as it wanted to save its own people involved in the scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars