MPPEB scam: Chouhan files defamation suit against Congress leader
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Tuesday slapped a defamation suit against state Congress chief spokesperson KK Mishra, for levelling "baseless" allegations against him and his wife.
The defamation suit was filed here in the court of District and Session Judge Sushma Khosla who will take up the matter on June 26.
Chouhan`s action comes after Mishra had last week alleged involvement of Chouhan and his family members in the Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board (MPPEB) scam, related to recruitment in various government jobs and also in the Pre-Medical Test (PMT).
The suit was filed on behalf of Chouhan by Public Prosecutor Anand Tiwari.
Mishra had alleged that calls were made from the mobile phone of Sanjay Chouhan, son of Shivraj Singh Chouhan`s maternal uncle Phoolsingh Chouhan, to MPPEB`s arrested exam controller Pankaj Trivedi and system analyst Nitin Mohindra and they (Trivedi and Mohindra) also made calls on that number.
However, the fact is no such person is Chouhan`s uncle. The actual name of his maternal uncle is Randheer Singh who died long back, Tiwari said.
The prosecutor said the MPPEB scam is being probed by Special Task Force under the supervision of High Court.
The probe was ordered by Chouhan and if he or his family members were involved in it, then the Chief Minister would have not ordered it, he said.
Similarly, it was alleged that 139 calls were made to MPPEB officials from Chouhan`s residence, but no details were provided, Tiwari said.
It was also alleged that 19 persons from Maharashtra`s Gondia district, Chouhan`s in-laws` place, were selected as transport inspectors, while the fact is that no person from Gondia or any other state other than MP was recruited, he claimed.
Tiwari also said that these "false, misleading, derogatory and concocted allegations led to mental harassment" of Chouhan and therefore, a case of defamation should be registered against Mishra and he should also be punished for the same.
The Chief Minister, in a series of tweets yesterday, had rubbished all allegations and said he will file a defamation suit against the Congress leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Rajiv Gandhi's assassination: Yet to take decision on premature release of Nalini, Tamil Nadu tells Madras HC
- Geeta wants to undertake a train journey to search her parents
- Magnitude 5.5 quake hits near Chile's copper mining area, says USGS
- Colombia to get UN peace monitors, possible referendum
- Brexit: Here are answers to 5 key questions on what will happen next in Britain's relations with European Union