MPPEB scam: Chouhan files defamation suit against Congress leader
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Tuesday slapped a defamation suit against state Congress chief spokesperson KK Mishra, for levelling "baseless" allegations against him and his wife.
The defamation suit was filed here in the court of District and Session Judge Sushma Khosla who will take up the matter on June 26.
Chouhan`s action comes after Mishra had last week alleged involvement of Chouhan and his family members in the Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board (MPPEB) scam, related to recruitment in various government jobs and also in the Pre-Medical Test (PMT).
The suit was filed on behalf of Chouhan by Public Prosecutor Anand Tiwari.
Mishra had alleged that calls were made from the mobile phone of Sanjay Chouhan, son of Shivraj Singh Chouhan`s maternal uncle Phoolsingh Chouhan, to MPPEB`s arrested exam controller Pankaj Trivedi and system analyst Nitin Mohindra and they (Trivedi and Mohindra) also made calls on that number.
However, the fact is no such person is Chouhan`s uncle. The actual name of his maternal uncle is Randheer Singh who died long back, Tiwari said.
The prosecutor said the MPPEB scam is being probed by Special Task Force under the supervision of High Court.
The probe was ordered by Chouhan and if he or his family members were involved in it, then the Chief Minister would have not ordered it, he said.
Similarly, it was alleged that 139 calls were made to MPPEB officials from Chouhan`s residence, but no details were provided, Tiwari said.
It was also alleged that 19 persons from Maharashtra`s Gondia district, Chouhan`s in-laws` place, were selected as transport inspectors, while the fact is that no person from Gondia or any other state other than MP was recruited, he claimed.
Tiwari also said that these "false, misleading, derogatory and concocted allegations led to mental harassment" of Chouhan and therefore, a case of defamation should be registered against Mishra and he should also be punished for the same.
The Chief Minister, in a series of tweets yesterday, had rubbished all allegations and said he will file a defamation suit against the Congress leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why