MPPEB scam: Cong wants RSS chief to intervene for CBI probe
Bhopal: Raising its pitch against the alleged scam in the Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board (MPPEB), the opposition Congress has appealed to RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to prevail upon chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan for ordering a CBI probe.
Leader of Opposition in Legislative Assembly Satyadev Katare has written to Bhagwat to intervene, saying future of hundreds of youths is at stake.
Bhagwat is currently on a four-day visit to the state Capital, which began on Thursday.
Katare said he was writing to Bhagwat despite the fact that the latter heads a non-political organisation and said: "You had given directives to Chouhan to ensure that people from Sangh are deployed in some form or the other at all polling booths during elections last year".
"Bhagwat may be spending nights anywhere but his whole day is spent in holding meetings at Lakshmi Narayan College of Technology (LNCT) campus which belongs to a suspect in MPPEB scam," he claimed in his letter.
He alleged that some of the names cropping up in connection with the "scam" were of those having links with RSS. "This is a matter of concern," the Congress leader said.
Katare alleged a slew of illegal appointments had been made in the Makhanlal Chaturvedi University of Journalism here, denting the image of RSS and the ruling BJP government.
Congress has been consistently demanding a CBI probe into alleged irregularities pertaining to various appointments made through the MPPEB.
The state STF is investigating the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read