MPPEB scam: Congress making false charges to derail probe, says CM
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has claimed that Opposition Congress has levelled false allegations in connection with the MPPEB scam "just to derail the investigation being conducted under the supervision of the High Court."
In a series of tweets last night, Chouhan also said that the "High Court has further held that the STF investigation is above board as it has arrayed even highly placed as accused based on evidence."
"High Court`s order dated 16-4-2014 while dismissing petitions for transferring the matter to CBI has commended the state`s prompt action," he said in a tweet.
"Lakhs of appointments were made based on merit. The moment I came to know about irregularity, I ordered a probe by STF to book the guilty," he said in another tweet.
Chouhan said that an attempt was made to bring transparency by empowering a centralised agency to conduct exams for all subordinate civil services fairly.
"Earlier regime`s arbitrary policies perpetuated after abolishing junior PSC and ad hoc appointments for back door entry were exposed," he tweeted.
"Examples of Congress` illegal recruitments were given in which they appointed daily wage labourers and hand pump mechanics as teachers," he also alleged in a tweet.
Chouhan, who is under fire from Congress in connection with the alleged Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board (MPPEB) scam, had earlier said in the state Assembly that he will not only quit politics "but will take sanyas" if allegations levelled by Opposition against him and his family are proved.
The Chief Minister had yesterday also announced that alleged irregularities committed during previous Congress regime in recruitments for government jobs will be probed and all efforts made by the Opposition to take his wicket on the MPPEB scam would prove futile.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok