MPPEB scam: Congress making false charges to derail probe, says CM
Bhopal: Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan has claimed that Opposition Congress has levelled false allegations in connection with the MPPEB scam "just to derail the investigation being conducted under the supervision of the High Court."
In a series of tweets last night, Chouhan also said that the "High Court has further held that the STF investigation is above board as it has arrayed even highly placed as accused based on evidence."
"High Court`s order dated 16-4-2014 while dismissing petitions for transferring the matter to CBI has commended the state`s prompt action," he said in a tweet.
"Lakhs of appointments were made based on merit. The moment I came to know about irregularity, I ordered a probe by STF to book the guilty," he said in another tweet.
Chouhan said that an attempt was made to bring transparency by empowering a centralised agency to conduct exams for all subordinate civil services fairly.
"Earlier regime`s arbitrary policies perpetuated after abolishing junior PSC and ad hoc appointments for back door entry were exposed," he tweeted.
"Examples of Congress` illegal recruitments were given in which they appointed daily wage labourers and hand pump mechanics as teachers," he also alleged in a tweet.
Chouhan, who is under fire from Congress in connection with the alleged Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board (MPPEB) scam, had earlier said in the state Assembly that he will not only quit politics "but will take sanyas" if allegations levelled by Opposition against him and his family are proved.
The Chief Minister had yesterday also announced that alleged irregularities committed during previous Congress regime in recruitments for government jobs will be probed and all efforts made by the Opposition to take his wicket on the MPPEB scam would prove futile.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened