MPPEB scam: Madhya Pradesh CM files defamation case against Congress leader
Zee Media Bureau
Bhopal: Unfazed over allegations of wrongdoings in Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board scam, state Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Tuesday filed a defamation case against a Congress leader on the issue.
The case has been filed against state Congress chief spokesman KK Mishra, who had last week demanded a CBI probe to unearth the "nexus among middlemen, politicians, bureaucrats and education mafia which is behind the scam”.
He had further claimed that he was in possession of some SMSes which were purportedly sent by various people, including politicians and even some journalists among others, to the MPPEB exam controller Pankaj Trivedi and system analyst Nitin Mahindra--both the main accused in the case--and mining baron Sudhir Sharma.
In response to the case, Mishra said that he stood by the allegations he made and they would be proved right.
Chouhan had on Monday said that he would file a defamation case and would give statement in a court.
Senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh had yesterday accused Chouhan of allegedly being involved in the teacher recruitment scam in the state, a charge rubbished by the MP government as "untrue".
Meanwhile, addressing BJP workers at Khajuraho during the two-day session of BJP MLAs which concluded on Sunday, Chouhan said the party leaders are not required to bow their heads in shame as his government has not done anything wrong.
The Chief Minister had also said that the Special Task Force (STF) was probing the case and truth would come out in the matter.
STF had arrested former state technical education minister and BJP leader Laxmikant Sharma on June 15 for his alleged involvement in the contractual teachers recruitment scam.
Over 100 students, who allegedly cleared the Pre-Medical Test (PMT) through unfair means, had also been arrested by STF from different districts of Madhya Pradesh.
PMT was conducted by Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board (MPPEB), whose top officials were already arrested by STF since the scam surfaced in 2013.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees