MPPEB scam: Madhya Pradesh CM files defamation case against Congress leader
Zee Media Bureau
Bhopal: Unfazed over allegations of wrongdoings in Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board scam, state Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Tuesday filed a defamation case against a Congress leader on the issue.
The case has been filed against state Congress chief spokesman KK Mishra, who had last week demanded a CBI probe to unearth the "nexus among middlemen, politicians, bureaucrats and education mafia which is behind the scam”.
He had further claimed that he was in possession of some SMSes which were purportedly sent by various people, including politicians and even some journalists among others, to the MPPEB exam controller Pankaj Trivedi and system analyst Nitin Mahindra--both the main accused in the case--and mining baron Sudhir Sharma.
In response to the case, Mishra said that he stood by the allegations he made and they would be proved right.
Chouhan had on Monday said that he would file a defamation case and would give statement in a court.
Senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh had yesterday accused Chouhan of allegedly being involved in the teacher recruitment scam in the state, a charge rubbished by the MP government as "untrue".
Meanwhile, addressing BJP workers at Khajuraho during the two-day session of BJP MLAs which concluded on Sunday, Chouhan said the party leaders are not required to bow their heads in shame as his government has not done anything wrong.
The Chief Minister had also said that the Special Task Force (STF) was probing the case and truth would come out in the matter.
STF had arrested former state technical education minister and BJP leader Laxmikant Sharma on June 15 for his alleged involvement in the contractual teachers recruitment scam.
Over 100 students, who allegedly cleared the Pre-Medical Test (PMT) through unfair means, had also been arrested by STF from different districts of Madhya Pradesh.
PMT was conducted by Madhya Pradesh Professional Examination Board (MPPEB), whose top officials were already arrested by STF since the scam surfaced in 2013.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog